TinyG is a multi-axis motion control system designed for high-performance on small to mid-sized machines (CNC, laser, SMD pick and place, etc) developed by Synthetos (more information on https://github.com/synthetos/TinyG). TinyG might be slightly less advanced than the next generation g2core (which runs on an Arduino Due with some g2shield), but has clear advantages as a reliable single board solution with integrated eeprom (no need to configure/compile your own custom g2core).
Synthetos provides their TinyG version with onboard DRV8818 stepper drivers on https://synthetos.myshopify.com/collections/assembled-electronics/products/tinyg
This product is a TinyG version for use with external stepper drivers. Features:
- Can connect up to four external stepper drivers with optocouplers (like TB6560, TB6600, DQ542MA, etc)
- Can connect up to 8 inputs for e.g. limit switches (XYZA) axes and includes signal conditioning for them
- Opto-isolated spindle interface (enable/dir), with pwm-to-analog conversion for speed control
- Connector for coolant control relay
- Can be powered from USB or from an external 7-14V supply
- 4xIDC (flatcable) for the motor connections
- 4x white KK connectors (requires crimping tool)
More information on how to integrate this in your setup can be found in the schematics and mounting instructions (under Downloads, coming soon). From software point of view, it behaves the same as the TinyG with onboard stepper drivers from Synthetos.
PRE-ORDER: This product will become available soon, a working prototype has been made.
TinyG (external drivers)
- Product Code: KIT27
- Availability: 9
- Ex Tax: 51.00€