High performance Digital-to-Analog Converter based on Cirrus Logic CS4398 DAC chip and CS8416 receiver chip.
More information can be found on the CS4398 DAC project page.
- Size: 100x65 mm
- Cirrus Logic CS8416 receiver chip
- 2 optical inputs
- 2 coaxial inputs
- Cirrus Logic CS4398 DAC chip
- 2nd order Butterworth output filter
- Supply needs: Dual 8-12V analog and single 5V digital
- Onboard output relay to mute the outputs when the supply is not yet stable
Note: the kit contains the components for using the DAC in hardware-mode, it can also be used in software-mode, so it can be controlled from a microcontroller, e.g. in the Preamplifier project.
Currently, revision 4 of this board ships, which is a major redesign giving even lower noise and distortion. The complete list of components can be found in the mounting instructions:
- Product Code: KIT13
- Availability: 7